This is one of my favorites. It’s quick and flexible, too. Both ground chicken and ground turkey work in this recipe and cook quickly. The basil and garlic lets you throw this into some pasta sauce or stir-fry with coconut aminos or wheat-free tamari, or even serve it cold onto a salad (my lunch go-to this week). It’s worth making a big batch and freezing it in single- or double-portions.
Spicy Basil Chicken
- 1 lb ground chicken (thigh or breast meat–your choice)
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 an onion, minced
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tsp adobo seasoning (Frontier is my favorite)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat sautee pan over medium heat.
- Add oil (Remember: hot pan, cold oil, food won’t stick)
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic
- Add ground meat, cook until most of the pink disappears.
- Add basil, adobo, salt and pepper
- Cook 2-3 minutes more until meat cooked thoroughly.