Today’s brunch: Pumpkin pancakes.
Adding a little complex carb: spinach, eggs, guacamole and a little bit of purple sweet potato.
On Day 7 I did the Protein Fast…about 15-20 grams for the whole day. I also did a big workout. The combo was not so great. I was ravenous the next day and unable to reel in my appetite. So, of the 4 lbs I’d lost, I regained 3.
That is just not going to work long term.
In light of my leptin resistance and borderline insulin resistance, I’m pulling out my old copy of “Mastering Leptin.”
I’m going to put this together as a mash-up: Mastering the Bulletproof Walhs-Protocol Structured Paleo. The Recovery Road Protocol. Or something like that. 😉
- I’m using the Bulletproof coffee with collagen for breakfast. Adding a Bulletproof meal of I’m recovering from a workout the day before.
- Using the Bulletproof food lists, using avocados and grassfed butter liberally.
- No snacking. At least 5 hours between meals. Never eat after dinner.
- Small amount of complex carbohydrates with lunch and dinner. Yuca, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, roasted carrots or the occasional potato or serving of white rice.
- Slow walking for 1 hour 4-5x per week.
- Load with antioxidants pre-workout. Acetyl-L-carnitine, CoQ10, and Vit C.
- 1 c. canned organic pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. almond meal
- 3 Tbsp xylitol
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Blend everything together in blender
- Cook over medium heat in your favorite pancake pan.
- Top with butter (I used a little Walden Farms pancake syrup)
These are very soft. I used a ceramic-coated “pancake flipper” pan.