- 8 cups homemade chicken broth
- 3/4 lb. bulk Italian sausage (I used one made with grass-fed ground beef)
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat dutch oven or large soup pot on medium heat on stove top. Add oil then sausage and cook thoroughly, crumbling the sausage.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add broth to soup pot, cubed potatoes and chopped kale.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are fork tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.