I thought I’d saved or pinned a recipe for sweet potato pancakes…. But, alas, I couldn’t find it again. So, I recreated what I remembered, made a couple of additions. And success!
I used a yellow-fleshed sweet potato. Japanese sweet potato with a purple skin and yellow flesh would also work. Roast the sweet potato completely for best results. Mashed ripe plantains should also work. The key is to have equal amounts of mash and egg.
Tip: keep the pancakes small!
Paleo Sweet Potato Pancakes
• 4 eggs
• 1 c well roasted sweet potato
• 1 Tbsp honey
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
• Spectrum Shortening or coconut oil for frying
• Put everything in blender and blend thoroughly
• Heat fry pan, add shortening
• Fry pancakes over medium heat
• Serve! Would be delicious with maple syrup, jam, honey or applesauce.