But wait!! There’s more!! Our nanny transformed half the shredded beef into taquitos. She also used some purple potatoes from our CSA box. The color was glorious.
Beef and Potato Taquitos
- 1 c. shredded beef
- 2 tsp tallow
- 1/2 c. salsa verde
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 c. mashed boiled potato
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 organic corn tortillas
- 1/4 c. Spectrum shortening or coconut oil for frying
- Heat tallow in medium large frying pan over medium heat
- Add shredded beef, salsa verde, cumin, salt and pepper
- Boil, peel and mash 1-2 small potatoes (Yukon gold work well if you don’t have purple ‘taters!)
- Heat shortening in a small frying pan, there should be 1/4″ of oil.
- In center of each tortilla, spread about 2 Tbsp meat and 1 tbsp of potato down the center. Roll into cigar-sized taquito and place the seam side–where the sides overlap–down in hot oil.
- Turn and cook until tortilla is crispy on all sides.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole…