I have posted before about my love of the King Arthur Gluten-Free line of mixes and flour. Well, if you’re listening King Arthur, my crush continues unabated. This recipe was adapted from the Savory Biscuit recipe on the back of the King Arthur Gluten-Free Baking Mix box. Their recipe called for cheddar cheese and bacon. I had mozzarella and pepperoni…
Gluten-Free Pizza Biscuits
• 2 1/4 c. King Arthur GF Baking Mix
• 1 1/2 c. total shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 c. Finely diced pepperoni
• 2 tsp. Italian herbs
• 1 c. Half and half
• 2 large eggs
• Preheat oven to 400
• In a large bowl mix together baking mix, shredded cheese, pepperoni, Italian herbs
• In a second bowl whisk eggs and half and half together
• Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, combine until soft dough forms
• Turn dough out onto a work surface well dusted with baking mix, pat flat, then fold it and pat it out four times. Dust the work surface if it gets sticky.
• Pat the dough out to about 3/4″ thick
• Using a circular cookie cutter dipped in baking mix (I used a sturdy plastic cup), cut out biscuits and place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
• Bake 16-18 minutes.
• Serve warm, as is or with pizza sauce for dipping.
I got exactly 12 biscuits.