Finally! I made something that got immediate requests for MORE. More now, more later this week…
Street-style chicken tacos
inspired by Los Altos Taqueria
• 1/2 lb leftover roasted chicken, shredded
• 2-3 Tbsp gelatin/broth from chicken
• 1 tsp Spectrum shortening
• Adobo seasoning to taste
• 1 lime, cut into wedges
• 1/4 onion, chopped fine
• 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped fine
• 1 doz small, soft corn tortillas. (Go for organic or white corn to avoid GMOs). I use these:
Heat oil or shortening in skillet, add chicken, gelatin and 1/2 tsp Adobo, to taste. Finish with a squeeze of lime.
Heat on non-stick surface to soften. I use a Green Pan and no oil. Heat for a few seconds them flip over.
Mix chopped onion and cilantro together.
Plate it up:
Tortilla, chicken, garnish. Add more lime juice, Cholula hot sauce or favorite salsa. The tortillas are too small to load these up with a lot of stuff, but feel free to ad whatever moves you. Avocado, maybe? Cotija cheese?
I serve this with beans and rice. Old school style.